A little oil
400g chicken thigh fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
1 onion (sliced into 2.5cm/1inch squares)
3 potatoes (peeled and sliced into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes)
1 broccoli (cut into small florets)
2 tsp chicken stock powder and 2 cups water
1/3 cup flour 2 Tbsp butter 3 cups milk +/- 30g grated cheese
Heat a little oil in a large saucepan. Saute onions until softened. Add Chicken and stir until browned over high heat.
- Add potatoes, chicken stock and water. Bring to boil and simmer.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice carrots into triangular chunks. Add to saucepan. Simmer.
- There should be just enough liquid to cook everything, not too much.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream roux: In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of milk and the flour. Whisk until smooth, over low heat. Add the rest of the milk gradually, while whisking.
- Continue stirring, increasing the heat until the mixture thickens and bubbles. Add cheese if desired.
- Add the cream roux (step 4) to the stew, add broccoli, and bring to a gentle boil one more time. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve and Enjoy!