3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated processed cheese
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 tablespoon powdered full-cream milk
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted and cooled unsalted butter1/2 cup softened butter
For the topping
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
grated processed cheese
1. In a bowl, mix water and honey.
2. Place salt in flour and pour into a mixing bowl. Add grated processed cheese and mix using your hands to separate the particles.
3. Add the water-honey mixture and the rest of the ingredients (except softened butter).
4. In an electric mixer with a dough hook, knead for 5 minutes at low speed.
5. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise (in a warm, airless room or inside a cabinet or unused oven) until it doubles in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
6. Punch down dough and scale at 60-gram portions.
7. Roll out each one with a rolling pin and brush with softened butter. Taking one corner, roll the dough obliquely into a cylinder and twirl, tucking the end at the bottom of the dough. Arrange on greased baking trays.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise to almost 3 times its size (about 1 1/2 hours in a proofer; 3 to 4 hours in a warm, airless room; or about 8 hours in the refrigerator).
9. Bake in a preheated 350ºF-oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly brown. Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks. Cool completely.
10. Make the topping: Beat unsalted butter with sugar until light. Butter buns and top with grated quezo de bola.
Credits to: yummy.ph