Saging Maruya (Banana Fritters)
- 3-5 saba (Cardaba banana) cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- cooking oil for frying
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and egg, beat until smooth. Mix until well blended then add the sliced bananas.
- Heat a pan with oil (medium heat). Place two to three slices of saba then pour a little batter on it. (it depends on how much banana you want.
- Fry a few minutes on each side until the color turns golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar or sprinkle sugar on top.
Credits to: pinoycookingrecipes.com