Chili Crab is a seafood dish that we enjoy with lots of rice. This dish is composed of crab (Mud Crab is originally used) cooked in sweet and spicy sauce.
We found this to be real good and the three servings of rice can attest to that. Imagine the meaty claws of the alimango topped with sweet and spicy sauce …now that makes us really craving for more.
Reminder this recipe guaranteed to make a mess, so cover your dining table with old newspapers, set out finger bowls, and line up some cold beers.
Try this sweet chili crab recipe!
- 2 lbs crab, cut in half
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper or 3 pieces sliced red chili
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ cup tomato catsup or tomato sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp green onions or scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
HOW TO COOK:
- Heat a cooking pot and pour the cooking oil
- Saute the garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper
- Add the crab and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Put-in the hoisin sauce, tomato ketchup, sweet chili sauce, fish sauce,and sesame oil then mix with the other ingredients
- Pour-in the water and bring to a boil then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce gets thick
- Garnish with green onions on top
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Looking for more? Visit list of pinoy recipe
Credits to: panlasangpinoy.com