- 500 grams malagkit rice
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- Banana leaves (for wrapping)
For the coconut sauce
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 ripe mango, half and sliced
- Wash malagkit rice and drain.
- Boil the rice with the coconut cream.
- Add salt and sugar while stirring occasionally.
- Cook for an hour and a half until soft and chewy.
- Put rice mixture, make a square wrap with banana leaves and pan fry until slightly browned.
- In a separate sauce pan, mix coconut cream, brown sugar and butter until dissolved and slightly thickened.
- Serve inangit with fresh mangoes, coconut sauce, desiccated coconut and toasted sesame seeds.
Credits to: panlasangpinoyrecipes.com