- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of raisins or a dried fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease the bottom of a loaf pan
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in medium bowl.
4. Stir in the egg and melt butter until batter is moist.
6. Add optional raisins and stir just until they are blended into the mixture.
7. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour.
8. Let it cool overnight.
Credits to: simplyrecipes.com