This recipe is so simple to cook and for beginners in cooking puto. Don’t worry, you don’t need an electric mixer to bake this one. Any whisker or fork can do the mixing.
Servings: 8-12 pcs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp butter melted*
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup fresh milk or evaporated milk*
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp ube food color
- 1 tsp ube flavoring
- sliced eden cheese for toppings
*to melt the butter, place it inside a cup and put hot water underneath the cup using a saucer. It’s like hot water bath.
- Prepare lower part of steamer with water and bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add eggs and mix it well using a whisker or use an electric mixer if you have one.
- Add milk and beat until smooth. Add water and continue to beat until batter is thin and smooth.
- Add butter ube color and flavor
- Stir until well blended.
- Fill molds with batter up to ¾ full.
- Arrange molds in a single layer on steamer rack and place over steamer.
- Lower heat to medium and steam puto for about 8 to 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Turn off heat and top each puto with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese. Cover for about 1 minute to allow residual heat to melt cheese.
- Allow puto to slightly cool before removing from molds.
Credits to: kawalingpinoy.com