- 4 Cups glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 Cup water
- 4 Cups coconut milk
- 1 Cup water
- 1 1 /2 Cups brown sugar
- Banana leaves
Mama’s Guide Instructions
- WRAPPED STICKY RICE
- Put the glutinous rice flour in a bowl, add water and mix well.
- Knead the flour mixture to make a smooth dough.
- Mold mixture into prepared size balls using your hands.
- Pass banana over the flame and wipe, brush with coconut oil from the latik.
- Place one piece of dough over the prepared banana leaves and flatten into a patty.
- Roll the banana leaves to secure the rice mixture and fold the sides.
- Arrange the wrapped mixture, folds facing down into the large steamer.
- Steam over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
COCONUT CURD SAUCE
- Bring coconut milk to a boil in a saucepan and simmer gently over low heat.
- When oil starts to separate and solids begin to form.
- Regularly stir and scrape sides and bottom of pan to prevent from burning.
- Continue to cook and stir until curds turn golden brown.
- Combine water and brown sugar in a sauce pan.
- Stir until sugar are properly dissolve, boil until caramelized.
- Add coconut curd (latik), remove from heat and set aside.
- Unwrap a piece of cooked sticky rice on a serving plate.
- Pour coconut curd sauce on top of it and serve.
- Using glutinous rice ; Soak in water overnight, drain water and grind (blender) finely.
- Substitute for banana leaves, prepare the sticky rice by cooking over boiling water (palitaw).
Credits to: pinoyhapagkainan.com