The addition of coke will help asado become tastier and more tender in texture. If you don’t know yet, soft drinks can easily tenderize any meat.
- 1 kilo pork tenderloin
- Chicken broth powder or crushed knorr chicken cubes
- 4 cups coca-cola
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 o 2 star anise
- Pepper (grounded)
- Green onions, chopped
- Dry rub pork with broth powder. Marinade for 4 hours or preferably overnight. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a pan with oil, fry the pork pieces until slightly brown for about 5 minutes or so. (We only need to brown the skin outside.) Drain from excess oil and set aside.
- Using the same pan, remove excess oil. Combine all ingredients for the sauce and let it boil. Add pork, and sprinkle pepper. Cover the pan, let it boil and adjust heat from medium to low after. Let it simmer for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, adjust taste by adding more oyster sauce (adjust to your taste preference) Remove the lid and let it boil until sauce caramelizes and becomes thick.
- Turn off heat and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Serve and enjoy!
Credits to: Mama’s Guide Recipes