- 6-8 slices bread (6 cups)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk (you can use evap or powder dissolved in water)
- 1/2 cup white sugar or condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate pieces (optional)
- chocolate glaze
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over bread, sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar or condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Steam for 30 minutes until done. (Insert toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then it’s good to go)
Credits to: saraleebread.com/recipes/melt-your-mouth-bread-pudding#sthash.4r5kGCDc.dpuf