- 2 cups ordinary rice
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (white, refined)
- Banana leaves (optional)
- Quickmelt Cheese slices (optional toppings)
- Soak rice in water overnight.
- Grind it to form a thick galapong batter. (You can grind rice using a blender)
- Mix-in sifted baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the coconut milk. Mix very well until the batter is smooth.
- (If you will be using banana leaves, heat it first to wilt it and place in the molder.)
- Pour in the batter to almost 3/4 full of the mold.
- Steam for 30 minutes or until cooked. Quickly put cheese on top cover and let it melt for
- awhile. Insert a toothpick at the center, if it comes out clean, the puto is ready. Turn off
- heat and remove from steamer. Serve and enjoy!
Credits to: iloilofoodtrip.blogspot.com/2015/02/rice-puto-with-gata.html?m=1