- 1 k. goat innards
- 1 head whole garlic
- 1 thumb size ginger, crushed
- 3 thumb size ginger, cut into strips
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 bundle spring onion, chopped
- 1 small packet, sampalok sinigang mix
- 2-3 siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/2 c. patis
- salt and pepper
- Wash thoroughly goat innards, set aside small intestine or isaw.
- In a casserole put all innards, whole garlic and crushed ginger cover with enough water and boil for 10-15 minutes, discard liquid and drain innards, keep aside to cool down.
- In a another casserole put small intestine or isaw cover with enough water and boil for 10-15 minutes, remove isaw from casserole, drain and let cool.
- Set aside green liquid from boiled isaw for papait.
- Cut into small slices all goat innards.
- In a sauce pan sauté onion, garlic and ginger. Add in goat innards and stir cook for 8-10 minutes or until it start to render fat.
- Add patis and stir cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add in enough water to cover innards and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until tender, add more water as necessary.
- Add siling labuyo, sinigang mix and papait (half quantity at time and taste sourness and bitterness add more if required).
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with spring onion. Serve hot.
Credits to: overseaspinoycooking.blogspot.com