- 2 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups water
***Note: You can add 1/8 – 1/4 cup of sugar if you prefer sweet tikoy.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Grease a round pan with a non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased pan.
- Steam for 1 hour in medium heat. Cover with cheesecloth to avoid water drip. (pls see photo above)
- Remove from the steamer and let it cool.
- Seal with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or longer before cooking.
- Beat an egg.
- Dip the tikoy slices in beaten egg.
- Pan fry in a little oil over medium heat.
Serve warm. Enjoy!
Credits to: pinoycookingrecipes.com/tikoy.html