- 4 cups glutinous rice(malagkit)
- 2 cups white sugar
- a dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon Pandan extract
- 3 cups coconut cream
- banana leaves, cleaned and cut into bigger sized
- cotton strings or any food-safe stringv
- In a bowl, place glutinous rice and water then soak for at least 3 hours.
- Singe the banana leaves into flames for a few seconds but do not burn. Let it cool then wipe with clean cloth.
- Wash and rinse the glutinous rice then drain excess water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine glutinous rice, sugar, salt, pandan flavoring and coconut cream then mix until well combined.
- Arrange 2 pieces banana leaf on a flat surface then scoop 3-4 tablespoons of rice mixture, fold the leaf to wrap the rice mixture.
- Grab 2 pieces of wrapped rice mixture then tie with folded sides together using cotton string.
- In a big pot, arrange the pieces then pour enough water to cover the wrapped rice mixture.
- Bring to boil in a low heat for at least 2 hours or until done.
- Unwrap then transfer to serving plate. Serve with your favorite dip.
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com/2014/11/pandan-suman