Makes 4-6 servings.
Grilled Steak Recipe
- 4-6 steaks, (rib-eye or fillet mignon or sirloin)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Seasoned Salt
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet or red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Merlot Sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Cooking spray
- Heat grill to medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Season both sides of steaks with Seasoned Salt. Grill steaks 5-6 minutes on each side or until desired wellness.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat, add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to sauté until onions are tender and slightly browned and caramelized.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add Merlot Sauce and dry red wine. Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes. Serve sauce over grilled steaks.
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, not rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cook onions in butter until soft. Add flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Whisk in milk and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Add 3/4 cup of cheese, stirring until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer half of potatoes in baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with half of sauce.
- Layer remaining potato slices on top of sauce and season. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are done.
Merlot Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup currant jelly (red grapes jam)
- 1/2 cup Merlot, Zinfandel or nonalcoholic red wine
- 1/4 cup beef flavored broth (alternative: beef cubes)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- in 1-quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly reduced and syrupy.