Taste an original butter chicken. India’s’ signature recipe. Experience a mouthwatering chicken in a rich,smooth,spicy sauce…
- 1 kg chicken fillet (cubed)
- 80g butter
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Spice Mecca Butter Chicken Makhani Masala
- 250ml (1 cup) Bulgarian yoghurt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk
- 200g (1/2 tin) tomato puree
- In a pot stir fry chicken cubes in butter. Remove chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add onion and oil to the pot and braise until golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger and Spice Mecca Butter Chicken Makhani Masala. Braise for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yoghurt, cream, coconut milk and tomato puree. Cook until sauce thickens
- Add chicken and simmer for +- 15 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice or rooti and sambals
Credits to: spicemecca.co.za