- 200 g Chicken Gizzard
- 200 g. Chicken Heart
- 1 small Carrots, chopped
- 7 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 pcs Bay leaves
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes or as desired
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 5 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp anatto seed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinade the chicken gizzard and the heart in soy sauce.
- Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Chop the gizzard and heart finely into small cubes.
- Place oil and the annatto seed in a pan and apply heat. When bubbles start to form around the seeds, turn off the fire and soak the annatto seed in the oil for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the annatto seeds.
- Toss in the chilli flakes then the garlic and onion.
- Saute until they turn almost brown.
- Put-in the meat and stir-fry until the meats change in color.
- Toss in the carrots and give a quick stir.
- Pour the marinade and water on the meat along with the rest of the ingredients except for the vinegar.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or until most of the liquids evaporated while stirring once in awhile.
- Pour the vinegar, stir, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from stove.
Serve and Enjoy!
Credits to: myfresha-licious.com